Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Drywall Complete

You hear countless times that once you have drywall, the house starts looking complete. I agree completely until I drive up and see the progress of the exterior. Being that the weather has basically made it impossible (especially with me having like 0% "meat on my bones") we have switched our focus to the interior.

My father and I can't take the credit for hanging, taping, or floating the drywall as we contracted that out. My father DID do most of the final finishing on the drywall which I can't give him enough credit for. Don't get me wrong, it was miserable as it took an entire week of him sanding, me pointing out imperfections, him sanding, calling the crew the crap we found, him sanding, me pointing, wash, rinse, repeat..etc... I am sure he hated doing it, but at the end of the day I think he and I were both pleased with the outcome.

If I had just went with the work of the contractor and his crew, it would have taken 3 times as long and I would have been absolutely unhappy. While my friend from work
(who was actually a painter at one time) was painting our house he commented that the drywall in our house looked like what he had seen in million dollar homes. That sure made all that work seem worthwhile.

Here are some drywall pictures:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's looking very nice. You've put a lot of hard work into it. When the final product gets here, you'll be proud of your accomplishments.
Steve